With your car, you naturally pack the boot, glove compartment and jet bag full. Did you know that you can also pack your bike with a whole lot of luggage? It won't hold the same amount as your family station wagon, but you can easily fit everything from provisions for a day trip to your work gear and luggage for several days of bikepacking.
Whether rain gear, air pump or provisions - when you go on tour with your bike, you need a safe storage for "this and that". Bike bags are a practical addition for all tours, as they allow for a well-arranged arrangement of all your things. In our range, you will find everything from classic saddle bags to bottle cages to safely and comfortably carry your luggage on all your bike tours.
When it comes to our bike bags, we rely on quality brands that have been manufacturing bike accessories for many years. They offer bike bags that are lightweight, protect your belongings from dust and rain and are easy to mount, with or without a carrier.
From big to small - these bike bags are available
You can mount bags in different places on your bike. We present you here all types of bags, if you want to have more detailed information about it, you can simply click on the corresponding pages. There you will find all important information.
Bicycle luggage carrier bags
Luggage carrier bags are - as the name suggests - mounted on the luggage carrier. A single luggage rack bag holds up to 25 liters. A set of two bags can be filled with up to 50 liters. A three-piece bag with a compartment in the middle can hold up to 65 litres or 30kg. The more weight in your panniers, the more important it is that you pack evenly, and don't load your bike lopsidedly . These panniers are particularly secure and easy to fix to your bike with a click system like KLICKFix or MIK.
> Here you can find our pannier bags and lots of information about buying them.
Bike bags for front
There are different bags you can fit to the front of your bike,
- Handlebar bags are mounted within easy reach in front of the handlebars. They are not too big, usually square and are suitable for valuables such as your mobile phone, keys and money or provisions. They often have a transparent compartment on the lid, where you can store a road map or let your mobile phone help you with navigation. Some models even fit a tablet computer in this compartment. These bags also usually have a carrying strap so you can easily take them with you when you park your bike. Stembags are smaller pockets for keys, cereal bars or water bottle, Smartbags are mainly meant for your smartphone.
- In a handlebar roll fits a little more than in a classic handlebar bag, because it uses the width of the handlebar completely. These bags are especially popular on gravel bikes and for bikepacking. As the name suggests, these bike bags are long, round and narrow, they are attached in front of the handlebars and store a lightweight sleeping bag or clothing.
> Discover our front bike bags and related buying guide.
- Front rack panniers are most popular with touring riders and bike trekkers. They are usually sold in a set of two and hold about 10 to 11 liters. "Fork bags" is another name for these bike bags, because they attach to the front of your bike's fork. On a trekking bike, front racks are either pre-mounted or at least have the mounting points for them. Gravel bikes, some hardtails and even city bikes have screw mounts for "lowriders". The bags can simply be attached to these front racks. If on your fork no mounting option is available, you can buy these bike bags with a mounting system that is clamped to the fork.
> Check out our fork bags, front rack bags or lowriders!
Saddlebags on a bike
Saddle bags come as small tool bags that come with some tools, so you can patch a tire or raise your saddle on the go. They also come in handy as first aid bags, they are then directly equipped with everything you need to treat minor injuries.
Mid-size saddlebags will stow a rain jacket, you can even stuff an ultralight sleeping bag into a large saddlebag. Saddlebags can be attached to almost any bike, it doesn't even have to have a rack, they are simply attached with velcro straps. You can expect a mini bag to hold about 0.5l, 17 to18 litres will fit in a large bike bag.
> Click here for our saddlebags plus buying guide
Bike bags for the office
Bike bags are not only a practical means of transport for the bike ride on the weekend, they are also a useful accessory during the week on the way to work. If you use your bike every day for your way to work, you should use a bike bag for laptop and co., in which nothing gets creased or technical devices are well padded. Of course, they are oriented towards the common laptop sizes or the A4 format. Our shoulder bags look like elegant briefcases, but have the necessary holders on the back, so you can hang them on the luggage rack.
These bags tend to go for a more elegant and serious look, so sometimes they are not waterproof. You can then simply buy a rain cover and your work materials will be safe from the wind and weather.
> Our business bags for cyclists
The name gives it away, a frame bag is built into the frame of the bike. Most of the time, these keys are attached to the tubes of the bike frame with Velcro straps, and they do it in the front, back, vertically or horizontally - whichever way you prefer. These bike bags are designed to be rather narrow, as they should not get in the way of the pedal crank or your legs. Again, there is a wide variation in the dimensions and contents of the bike bag, so there is a version to suit every purpose and bike.
> Frame bags in online shop
Bike transport for minimalists: straps and straps
Even the smallest bike bag is too much clutter for you? Here in the BMO online shop, you'll find straps to lash a spare tube and mini pump to your bike. Bottle in the cage, two to three bags of energy gel in a second strip and you're ready to go, without any unnecessary weight on the bike.
> Grab the straps here!
When your bike itself becomes luggage, you can store it safely and securely in an appropriate bike transport bag. There are also special transport bags for the wheels.
Will the cheap bag from the discounter also do?
First of all, yes. But the longer you want to be satisfied with the bike bag, the more it avenges itself if you have saved at the wrong end. The cheap bags have an annoying weak point - the closures and the fastening. A busted zipper is annoying, but the bag can still travel further. If the fastening straps snap or the clips break, things get messy. With the brand bags you can order on BMO, not only the price-performance ratio is right, also the quality fits.
With our brand bags you can also be sure that they are absolutely waterproof if they promise that. It doesn't always have to be truck tarpaulin, other materials are also dense enough to protect your travel gear or shopping from a downpour.
The bike bags of our proven manufacturers have another advantage: they are real lightweights. After all, you do not want to miss out on important utensils on the road, just because the bag already pushes the permissible total weight of your bike to the limit, right?
This is what you should keep in mind when using bike bags
- Your bike has a maximum load, don't exceed it!
- If you want to carry more than a few kilos of luggage, you should distribute it evenly left and right.
- Especially at the front, bike bags around the handlebars should not be too heavy, because they will then affect the steering characteristics of the bicycle.
- Many of the bags presented here can of course be easily removed from the bike during breaks or overnight stays and accompany you as luggage in hotels or hostels.
- If you need an additional rain cover for your bag or are looking for mounts for your bike navigation, you will also find what you are looking for in our bag accessories.
- The material bike bags are made of often reminds of truck tarpaulin and is especially durable and waterproof. These bags are absolutely reliable, but they are a bit heavier than ultra-light bike bags. Lighter bags are made of a lightweight synthetic fabric, if necessary, you need an additional rain cover for it.